Sunday, January 3, 2010

Girl Geniuses on the Loose in Key West

 
Posted by Kim

After a busy day of sorting ourselves out and envisioning our upcoming Inner Studies University, we hopped on our bikes, which we named Bikey and Bicodin, because #541 and #654 did not do justice to our faithful guides. We headed for Fogarty's/The Flying Monkey Restaurant for Baked Potato Soup, the secret ingredient of which I think is Velveeta cheese, which adds to to its caloric value and stretchiness. Then it was on to Fausto's Food Palace for chocolate. Who wants to go to a regular old grocey store, when you can go to Fausto's FOOD PALACE?
The weather has been a little chilly for Key West; we saw a woman in ear muffs, but we are not complaining because the bikes do not require snow tires.
Reporting from Key West/The Conch Republic, Home of ONE HUMAN FAMILY,
Kim Luedtke  --Coach, Clairvoyant, Creative Genius

5 comments:

  1. Where do I sign up for Inner Studies U? I'm in.

    Clearly part of the faculty is set, with those glasses!

    Wonderful to see you two having such a good time, and wonderful to hear about all the listening you're giving one another. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For Inner Studies: Call 1-800-GET-GLASSES. Operators standing by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "Inner Studies U" reminds me of a retreat week my sister and I spent with our collective 3 daughters a few years ago. We spent the week in a beach house on the South Carolina coast. We all read "Gift From the Sea"by Anne Morrow Lindbergh. We collected various "gifts" and used them to describe something about us..... drift wood, shells, etc. Anne Lindbergh wrote the book while spending a year on her own at the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca--So creative! What a great way to spend time with each other, great activities. Have not read A Gift From The Sea yet but at least two close friends have given it to me as a gift. What three things do you remember most from that retreat?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Memories of the beach retreat........ 1) our girls actually participated (sometimes a challenge with teen/twenty-something girls). They didn't even say "do we have to???" So, we had good, REAL, conversations each evening as we shared the days' "gifts", 2) The healing that came as I wrote about the driftwood I found. I still look back at that reflective writing. Driftwood looks "real" but has no substance. I don't want to be driftwood....... etc. 3) Sunrise by myself on the beach (no one else wanted to get up that early). It was magnificent

    ReplyDelete