Thursday, January 28, 2010

And that's a wrap

Days 26 & 27
Yesterday, Day 26, was my last full day in Key West.  Started with a hot tub, then a bath.  Dropped off a big pile of magazines at the Key West Public Library.  Then went to the Weather Service and had an impromptu tour from a meteorologist named Alan. It made me want to do weather camp, or take a Meteorology for Laypeople class, even more. Afterward, roamed around with Bruce & Robert a bit, found a bar in the sun, La Te Da, and had cocktails.

After we chose the venue for the Sock Dinner--Hot Tin Roof (at Ocean Key) which Ally suggested and said was kind of fancy--I speed shopped for a new long sleeved top to wear and found it at Banana Republic.  Bought one for Ally, too, and brought it along to the restaurant and she put it on right away.  It was chilly! She'd already bought herself a pashmina shawl on her way to the restaurant because it was so cold.  But the dinner was divine.  Fabulous place with great service right on the water.  I do not even remember, 28 hours later, what we ate but we all highly recommend Hot Tin Roof.  Then we went home and hung out and Mitch joined us after his night class and we watched a bit of Bruce's Everglades National Park DVD.  After everyone left, Bruce & I watched Back to the Future, just the two of us.  We hadn't gotten around to it before.  A sweet thing to do on my last night.

I've now flown home, and feel disoriented and strange.  It's wonderful to see Tiger Robin & Merriweather, my kitties, who I've been away from nearly four weeks.  My house here in Minneapolis has shorter ceilings than our Key West house, the walls aren't painted tropical colors and there isn't a ceiling fan in every room.  The bulging suitcase I so carefully packed this afternoon is spread out on the floor of my bedroom.  Doesn't even seem like there's much in it; I don't know why packing felt like such a challenge.

Probably because I was having to pack up my time in Paradise.

Thank you for following and reading about, and commenting on, that time.  I'm now hooked on blogging.  So get set for my next 26-day thing.  Here are my last pictures from Key West.

Bruce starting the day yesterday: fresh squeezed orange juice & rum with a little cigar.
 
Magazines delivered to KW Public Library


What you see.......


biking around Key West.


Here it is.


 
Alan, at just a few of the many screens of information.


Inside the room with all the screens.  Remember my love for Doppler.

 
Watching martinis get made at La Te Da.


The girl in new Banana top & Pashmina, taking in the view from Hot Tin Roof.
The view.

My Sweet, strolling down Duval today.


At the airport, near sunset.


3 comments:

  1. What a touching final entry into your blog. Thank you for letting us experience Key West through your eyes and words. It was almost as if we were there with you - the sights, sounds, vibe - the Key West experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you honey. Lovely to look at the photo reminders of what you and we have done. Love seeing your photographic eye develop. Sorry I so seldom stood still for your shutter.
    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jean,
    Thanks for reading and "following." I know now why bloggers/writers (and probably talk radio hosts) are so captivated by their pursuits: it's because of having an audience like you!

    Hi B--Miss you too, Sweetie. Thanks for your nice words. The burden's on you, now, to carry the mantle forward / have fun.

    ReplyDelete